I recently posted about the challenges organisations face as they move from having online content and tools hosted firmly on their estate to renting space in the cloud.
I believe the way forward is to have a governance framework and information architecture with the same scope to avoid gaps in content being managed or not being found. Both need to be in harmony and included in any digital strategy.
You can also read these posts about how to move to the Cloud:
- Wagon Trains to the Cloud: The most common challenges you are likely to face and how you may overcome these
- Pace-Layering the Building Blocks in the Cloud: How Office 365 and SharePoint can play a part in moving to the Cloud
- Housekeeping rules within the Habitat: How they can help join up your organisation online using their collaboration tools and features
- The Curator – how to cultivate the habitat: Engagement and how sorting and categorisation of artifacts form the curation and cultivation process
- Content Governance – life cycle and reach: Governance and how content should be managed in the Cloud