I would like your help please.
BT has a reasonable content management system we use for publishing formal content – authoritative, factual, information – to help our users with their work.
We have used it for some years but technology and publishing needs have moved on and are very different now. I wanted to check what publishing tools you have used or know of which could help.
My requirements are:
- publishing to be as easy as sending an email or writing a blog post
- publishing standards can be embedded in the templates (owner, review date, etc)
- workflow if content needs approval before being published
- automated intranet management tools can check all content for compliance
- purchase and support costs much cheaper than traditional content management systems
- ‘out of the box’ product that needs little or no customising
I have tweeted about this on Twitter and had some suggestions already from The Parallax View with Joonla, Drupal and Text Pattern and Richard Dennison with WordPress (of course!). Thanks to both of you.
So, can you help me too?