Tags: blog, bt intranet, help, homepage, search, swine flu, users, wiki
I read with great interest Jane McConnell’s article ’Intranet Checklist for the Flu Pandemic‘. I was pleased to see that BT meets the checklist.
I thought it would help build on Jane’s checklist by showing you some examples of how BT’ has implemented the checklist on our intranet. We aim to:
- make the guidance easy to find
- make it prominent but not so it distracts those who don’t need it
- focus on places where users expect to find news and links to guidance
- make the guidance easy to follow
- make access available to anyone from anywhere
- give people the chance to feedback and share experiences
You can see the examples in a slide set you can download:
Slide 1: BT Homepage has in the left hand navigation a banner with guidance on swine flu which can be easily updated
Slide 2: BT Today, our main news site, has links to a newsline (if all else fails, the phones won’t!) and to swine flu guidance
Slide 3: If you search for swine flu the site is shown as the top result
Slide 4: If you check through the BT A-Z you will find the swine flu site
Slide 5: When you use our single sign on to any applications you get tips about swine flu
Slide 6 and 7: Shows examples of the guidance and content available on BT’s swine flu site for everyone to use.
I hope this helps you prepare your intranet for whatever happens next.
How can I help you?
- RT @sammarshall: slides from my talk at #intranets2013 on Loving the #Intranet slideshare.net/sammarshall/lo… 4 hours ago
- RT @netjmc: Thanks for sharing for those of us who could not make it! #dw24 #digitalworkplace digitalworkplacegroup.com/category/news/ 4 hours ago
- Less than 24 hours until the start of #intranatverk. Looking forward to keynoting, workshopping and networking with new and existing friends 5 hours ago
Tagsaccessibility applications benchmark benefit best practice beta testing blog bt bt intranet BT today career path collaboration communication content digital workplace directory engagement governance help homepage intranet intranet applications killer content Mark Morrell measure money navigation oracle people finder plan publishing research rss search sharepoint 2010 social media standards strategy training usability usability standards users user testing value wiki