I have written a guest post for ClearBox Consulting on the need to invest at least as much time connecting with your stakeholders as identifying business requirements for technology.
In January, I wrote that intranets are transforming into digital workplaces. As your intranet transforms into a digital workplace so the people you need to work with will expand and change. That will involve you investing time building relationships with new and existing senior managers. They will be your stakeholders who will be at the top of your governance hierarchy.
Read more about how getting that balance right will be a giant step forward to likely success.
Posted in digital workplace, engagement, governance, intranet, plan, strategy
Tagged digital workplace, engagement, governance, intranet, plan, strategy
I recently posted about the challenges organisations face as they move from having online content and tools hosted firmly on their estate to renting space in the cloud.
I believe the way forward is to have a governance framework and information architecture with the same scope to avoid gaps in content being managed or not being found. Both need to be in harmony and included in any digital strategy.
If you want to join the live breakfast talk in Gothenburg, or online seminar and final panel discussion and Q&A using G+ Hangout, it is on 20 November 8.00AM – 10AM Central European Time.
You can also read these posts about how to move to the Cloud:
- Wagon Trains to the Cloud: The most common challenges you are likely to face and how you may overcome these
- Pace-Layering the Building Blocks in the Cloud: How Office 365 and SharePoint can play a part in moving to the Cloud
- Housekeeping rules within the Habitat: How they can help join up your organisation online using their collaboration tools and features
- The Curator – how to cultivate the habitat: Engagement and how sorting and categorisation of artifacts form the curation and cultivation process
- Content Governance – life cycle and reach: Governance and how content should be managed in the Cloud
Posted in content management, digital workplace, engagement, governance, intranet, Office 365, plan, search, SharePoint, standards, strategy
Tagged digital workplace, engagement, governance, intranet, office 365, plan, search, sharepoint, strategy, usability standards
I signed up today to go to Intranet Now, the conference / unconference about intranets and the digital workplace. I am looking forward to going because it is:
- about the Intranet NOW – practical case studies, real experts, and advice;
- serious about how the intranet serves its business;
- concerned with engagement, collaboration, and communication;
- not dominated by any one technology but illuminated by examples of good practice from many;
- a place to learn from others (sharing mistakes as well as successes);
- curious and open to new ideas with room for experimental and left field ideas;
I also want to find out if the governance of intranets and the digital workplace is improving and if so, how that is being done.
It will be a great chance to meet new and existing friends face to face instead of virtually for a change.
There is an early bird discount on Intranet Now tickets until 24 July so don’t delay, get your tickets today!