From 1996 I have managed intranets, creating strategies that support the business, and worked closely with IT partners and senior managers to develop governance frameworks and hierarchies, publishing standards, and intranet roles. I have trained people to publish, understand why standards need to be followed, and led teams managing and implementing major technology and change projects.
I successfully pioneered how to create an intranet strategy, align it with other strategies, supported by a governance framework of publishing standards, roles and responsibilities. I combined this approach with automated compliance checks on standards, performance measures to show satisfaction and increased usage by people, highlighting the value and wider benefits to BT of an intranet.
Since I left BT in 2011 I have helped over 30 organisations to:
- Identify business requirements for technology solutions
- Create intranet strategies to support their business goals
- Develop governance hierarchies with roles and responsibilities
- Define intranet publishing standards with compliance checks
- Design comms channels strategies with the intranet as a key channel
- Develop comms plans based on research
- Help with intranet plans and implement projects
- Support publishers with training and guidance
- Measure the benefits of and full value of an intranet
- Create senior manager online chats to engage with employees
- Help define what is a good mobile experience
In 2002 I became the BT Intranet manager responsible for meeting the needs of over 180,000 global employees and third parties. Working with senior representatives and IT partners I transformed BT’s intranet into a digital workplace so people can work anywhere, anytime, with any device. BT’s intranet was recognised by the Digital Workplace Group (was Intranet Benchmarking Forum) as one of the best globally for governance, strategy, communications, engagement, collaboration, usability and measuring value.
My BT intranet achievements include:
- Transforming the intranet into a digital workplace that employees could use anywhere, any time with any device
- Developing and aligning intranet strategy with BT strategy to show how it supported the business goals
- Creating a stakeholder board of senior business representatives to agree and implement the intranet strategy
- Implementing SharePoint 2010 governance, standards and features
- Designing a communications channels matrix to give overview of all comms planned across the business using the intranet as a key channel
- Developing communications plans for senior managers using channels, audiences and messages based on employee research
- Using collaborative tools to improve communication, employee engagement, knowledge sharing and productivity
- Building a governance model with roles and responsibilities aligned to job descriptions and performance targets
- Researching employees’ needs with online surveys, interviews and beta testing
- Developing standards that meet business, legal, regulatory and user needs, embedded into templates and enforced by compliance tools
- Access to everyone, including people with mobile devices, to BT’s intranet
- Leading teams implementing publishing and collaboration tools
I live in Brighton on the south coast of England with my family. I read and keep myself up to speed on intranet and related trends. I am a long suffering supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion FC. I compensate by enjoying walking and cycling along the seaside and countryside.