How do I engage employees and improve collaboration?September 8, 2011 at 9:30 am | Posted in collaboration, digital workplace, engagement, governance, intranet, mark morrell ltd, social media, value | 11 Comments
Tags: bt intranet, collaboration, digital workplace, engagement, governance, intranet, Mark Morrell, social media, value
It’s the type of question I am hearing more frequently. It’s being asked by intranet people, CIOs, senior business operations managers and even a few CEOs. It’s important that it is answered clearly and fully. The alternative of ignoring it is to risk a repeat of what happened to knowledge management in the late 1990s when it was ‘the thing’ to talk about and be seen to be doing but sadly, in many cases, never able to meet its full potential helping businesses.
I don’t claim to know all the answers and there is more than one way to address this question. In fact it is a deeper and complex subject which needs covering for this question to be answered fully.
Based on my knowledge and experience in my new role as an intranet pioneer and as BT’s intranet manager with intranet governance, social media, engagement and digital workplace I will post my suggestions on how you can:
- engage people in your organisation
- encourage better collaboration
- get the culture right
- adapt to changing ways of working
- make an impact on the bottom line that your business watches
11 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
How can I help you?
- People like a stable intranet rather than one with many major changes. Groundfos insite is like this with 94% daily use #intranatverk 20 hours ago
- #sp2013 ootb functionality is good enough to meet social needs of #digitalworkplace @ store enso #intranatverk 23 hours ago
- Nng 2013 winner rednet intranet "should be a joy to use" @knalleffekt @ #intranatverk 1 day ago
Tagsaccessibility applications benchmark benefit best practice beta testing blog bt bt intranet BT today career path collaboration communication content digital workplace directory engagement governance help homepage intranet intranet applications killer content Mark Morrell measure money navigation oracle people finder plan publishing research rss search sharepoint 2010 social media standards strategy training usability usability standards users user testing value wiki