Blog Central – BT’s intranet blogAugust 25, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Posted in beta testing, blog, intranet, rss, social media, user testing | 6 Comments
Tags: beta testing, blog, bt intranet, rss, social media, user testing, users
I have posted before about simple steps to setting up a wiki and the next stages when it is established. My last post updated you about BTpedia, our wiki. I thought it would also help if I showed you where Blog Central is now.
Blog Central was created in 2008. Beta testing with users has led to a small application becoming a critical place for people to share how to do things in BT.
I have some slides with examples of how Blog Central is now. They show:
- Blog Central linked directly from BT Homepage, top level of BT’s intranet
- Blog Central searched by SearchBT, BT’s intranet search engine for most content
- BT A-Z includes Blog Central with other content types
- Blog Central homepage
- Disclaimer for user generated content
- BT’s policy on internal and external business and personal blogs
- Help on how to be a good blogger
- A post from Sandy Blair’s internal blog (thanks Sandy)
- A post from our Publishing business blog.
I hope these help you with your intranet blogging. Let me know what you think…………
6 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
How can I help you?
- People like a stable intranet rather than one with many major changes. Groundfos insite is like this with 94% daily use #intranatverk 13 hours ago
- #sp2013 ootb functionality is good enough to meet social needs of #digitalworkplace @ store enso #intranatverk 16 hours ago
- Nng 2013 winner rednet intranet "should be a joy to use" @knalleffekt @ #intranatverk 17 hours ago
Tagsaccessibility applications benchmark benefit best practice beta testing blog bt bt intranet BT today career path collaboration communication content digital workplace directory engagement governance help homepage intranet intranet applications killer content Mark Morrell measure money navigation oracle people finder plan publishing research rss search sharepoint 2010 social media standards strategy training usability usability standards users user testing value wiki