BTpedia – BT’s corporate wikiAugust 19, 2009 at 10:21 am | Posted in beta testing, homepage, intranet, search, social media, wiki | 12 Comments
Tags: beta testing, bt intranet, homepage, search, social media, users, wiki
BTpedia was created in 2007. Beta testing with users has led to a small application becoming a critical place for people to share how to do things in BT.
I have some slides with examples of how BTpedia is now. They show:
- BTpedia linked directly from BT Homepage, top level of BT’s intranet.
- BTpedia searched by SearchBT, BT’s intranet search engine for most content (sadly not all yet, but we’ll get there!)
- Tag cloud of BTpedia articles
- Disclaimer for user generated content
- Help to anyone starting to use BTpedia
- Help to anyone contributing or creating an article in BTpedia
- An example of a BTpedia article (Help)
- Frequency of new articles created and most used articles.
I hope these encourage you to develop your intranet wikis. Please let me know of any tricks I’m missing out on using that you have tried!
12 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
How can I help you?
- #sp2013 ootb functionality is good enough to meet social needs of #digitalworkplace @ store enso #intranatverk 1 hour ago
- Nng 2013 winner rednet intranet "should be a joy to use" @knalleffekt @ #intranatverk 2 hours ago
- Great example by @skf of enterprise search. It is a separate function working with Internet and intranet with 3 people #intranatverk 2 hours ago
Tagsaccessibility applications benchmark benefit best practice beta testing blog bt bt intranet BT today career path collaboration communication content digital workplace directory engagement governance help homepage intranet intranet applications killer content Mark Morrell measure money navigation oracle people finder plan publishing research rss search sharepoint 2010 social media standards strategy training usability usability standards users user testing value wiki