BTpedia was created in 2007. Beta testing with users has led to a small application becoming a critical place for people to share how to do things in BT.
I have some slides with examples of how BTpedia is now. They show:
- BTpedia linked directly from BT Homepage, top level of BT’s intranet.
- BTpedia searched by SearchBT, BT’s intranet search engine for most content (sadly not all yet, but we’ll get there!)
- Tag cloud of BTpedia articles
- Disclaimer for user generated content
- Help to anyone starting to use BTpedia
- Help to anyone contributing or creating an article in BTpedia
- An example of a BTpedia article (Help)
- Frequency of new articles created and most used articles.
I hope these encourage you to develop your intranet wikis. Please let me know of any tricks I’m missing out on using that you have tried!