I read with great interest Jane McConnell’s article ‘Intranet Checklist for the Flu Pandemic‘. I was pleased to see that BT meets the checklist.
I thought it would help build on Jane’s checklist by showing you some examples of how BT’ has implemented the checklist on our intranet. We aim to:
- make the guidance easy to find
- make it prominent but not so it distracts those who don’t need it
- focus on places where users expect to find news and links to guidance
- make the guidance easy to follow
- make access available to anyone from anywhere
- give people the chance to feedback and share experiences
You can see the examples in a slide set you can download:
Slide 1: BT Homepage has in the left hand navigation a banner with guidance on swine flu which can be easily updated
Slide 2: BT Today, our main news site, has links to a newsline (if all else fails, the phones won’t!) and to swine flu guidance
Slide 3: If you search for swine flu the site is shown as the top result
Slide 4: If you check through the BT A-Z you will find the swine flu site
Slide 5: When you use our single sign on to any applications you get tips about swine flu
Slide 6 and 7: Shows examples of the guidance and content available on BT’s swine flu site for everyone to use.
I hope this helps you prepare your intranet for whatever happens next.