Satisfied BT Intranet usersMarch 27, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Posted in benefit, homepage, intranet, plan, research, Uncategorized, user testing | 17 Comments
Tags: bt intranet, plan, research, users, value
I’ve just had the top level results back for our annual survey of BT Intranet users. As always they are of great interest to me. The survey was carried out by GfK NOP on my behalf. This helps reassure users the survey is independent and confidential but I think users don’t worry about this now so much. The main benefit to me and BT is not having to crunch all the data and analyse it!
This survey is a vital part in BT’s plan for improvements further our intranet. Last year 85% of users were satisfied/very satisfied with BT’s intranet and with the global slowdown and pressures within BT I knew it would be tough to match or even come close to such a high score.
So, I was very pleased (and slightly relieved I must admit too) to see the results which shows users are:
- 83% satisfied with our intranet (down 3%)
- 42% extremely/very satisfied with our intranet (down 3%)
- 6% are dissatisfied with our intranet (up 2%) - the search parties are already out hunting them down
- 79% satisfied with BT Homepage (new design) our corporate intranet portal (down 3%)
- 43% extremely/very satisfied with BT Homepage (down 5%)
- 3% dissatisfied with BT Homepage (no change)
- 48% agree the BT Intranet improves everyday working life
- 57% agree the BT Intranet saves me time in my working day
- 59% agree the BT Intranet helps me to be more efficient in my job
The last 3 results are to questions asked for the first time. It shows where we need to focus. I’ve yet to get the full data to understand better the reasons why users are satisfied or dissatisfied. When that’s available I’ll let you know what action we’re taking and why.
If anyone in the meantime wants to share with me any research data on their intranet in exchange with mine, please drop me a comment or email me.